- Specialities General Surgery, Vascular
- Telephone 01926 436310
- Year of first qualification 1983
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 2837372
- Fax 01926 328552
Professor Imray was appointed as Consultant General, Vascular and Renal Transplant Surgeon at UHCW in 1995. He has widespread experience of major vascular surgery in high-risk patients (open and endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery, carotid surgery, peripheral reconstruction, renal transplantation).
Prof. Imray has a particular interest in venous disease (varicose veins) using both open and the full range of modern minimally invasive endoluminal techniques.
He is fully trained in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery in the chest and abdomen. He also undertakes ultrasound scanning using the portable Duplex scanner.
Professor Imray performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital:
- Monday 14:00 - 18:00
- Consultant General, Vascular and Renal Transplant Surgeon at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust
- Professor in Warwick Medical School
Minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins. High risk vascular surgery. The hypoxic and ischaemic brain. Frostbite and non-freezing cold injuries. Human adaptation to high altitude.
Family life, mountaineering, sailing, skiing.
- The Vascular Society
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London
- Medical Protection Society
- Birmingham Medical Research and Expeditionary Society
- Faculty of the Diploma in Mountain Medicine, The University of Leicester
- Centre for Aviation, Space and Extreme Environmental Medicine, UCL
Professor Imray has over 65 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Professor Christopher Imray does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Christopher Imray does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Christopher Imray does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.