Professor Christof Kastner is an internationally leading expert in prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment. This includes Vector MRI Fusion biopsies (which he is pioneer of having introduced to the UK), focal/whole gland brachytherapy and spacer insertions, and laser surgeon for benign prostate disease.
Christof has completed training and prostate cancer fellowships in London, including Guy’s Hospital, UCLH, Imperial College, and Guildford. He has also been the prostate cancer lead at Cambridge University Hospitals since 2014 as well as Professor of Urology, Rome, Italy 2016-2021
He also holds several other roles including:
- Director of ‘The Cambridge Prostate MRI & Biopsy Course’ commissioned to train urologists and radiologists by numerous international conferences.
- Co-chair of international multi-centre collaboration evaluating MRI-based prostate cancer diagnostics resulting in prolific real-life data publications.
- Mentor for Holmium Laser surgeons.
- Benign and malignant prostate disease
- Minimally invasive Technology based treatments
- Health innovation
Dr Kastner has made growing international relationships and understanding one of his main objectives. He is actively involved in the exchange of students, junior doctors and medical students with other European centres.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Christof Kastner at Nuffield Health
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- SpaceOAR® Hydrogel
- Prostate screening
- Prostate surgery
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Prostate laser treatment
Mr Kastner's research activities and publications related to the management of benign and malignant prostatic disease and the assessment of new technologies.
Fletcher P, De Santis M, Ippoliti S, Orecchia L, Charlesworth P, Barrett T, and Kastner C. Vector Prostate Biopsy: A Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging/Ultrasound Image Fusion Transperineal Biopsy Technique Using Electromagnetic Needle Tracking Under Local Anaesthesia. European Urology. 2023.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Fellow European Board of Urology
- European Association of Urology
Other posts held
- Consultant Urologist Surgeon, Cambridge University Hospitals
Insurers Professor Christof Kastner works with
Professor Christof Kastner works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Christof Kastner does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Christof Kastner has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Christof Kastner, as a partner of Cambridge Urology Partnership, owns a share in a 100 W Holmium Laser, and associated equipment for undertaking laser prostate surgery (HoLEP), used at the Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital.
Professor Christof Kastner does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.