- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01642 367 404
- Year of first qualification 1989
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 3651399
- Fax 01642 854 375
Professor Rangan offers extensive experience in dealing with a wide spectrum of shoulder and elbow disorders, including complex surgical reconstructions for injuries and degenerative conditions of the shoulder and elbow.
He is one of a team of surgeons based in the Tees Valley who specialise in this area. Together they have formed Teesside Upper Limb Surgeons and Associates (TULSA) to help patients and colleagues access information about their conditions.
- Wednesday PM by arrangement
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Shoulder & Elbow Unit at James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Arthroscopic reconstructive surgery for sports injuries of the shoulder.
Professor Rangan enjoys cricket and racquet sports.
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow Shoulder Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Professor Rangan has published research on shoulder replacement, shoulder injuries and instability including national projects on shoulder fractures and rotator cuff repairs.
DeclarationProfessor Amar Rangan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Amar Rangan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Amar Rangan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Amar Rangan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.