Siene is a consultant Ophthalmic surgeon for the tertiary referral hospital, University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff. She specialises in glaucoma with expertise in cataracts plus minimally invasive glaucoma device implantation (including XEN implants, i-stents and innFocus microshunts) trabeculectomy, glaucoma dranage devices and revision glaucoma surgery.
She completed her medical training at Aberdeen University where she published several papers on angle closure glaucoma and was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine Essay prize and the SOC Pfizer travel grant. She secured the highly competitive post of Welsh Clinical Academic Trainee to complete her specialist training in Ophthalmology and was awarded The Royal College of Ophthalmologist Bayer Educational Grant to attain a PhD in Stem Cell Mediated Retinal Repair: Models and Mechanisms at Cardiff University.
At the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital she completed her 18 months fellowship in surgical glaucoma where she trained in managing complex glaucoma and implanting novel surgical devices. Currently her research interests include glaucoma surgical adjunct therapies such as anti VEGF wound modulation, and neuroprotection.
- Cataract Surgery
- Cataract with minimally invasive glacoma surgery(MIGS)
- Glaucoma management(medical, surgical and laser)
- Complex glaucoma management (surgical Glaucoma Drainage Device insertions and surgical repairs)
In her spare time she enjoys regular volunteer work at a cataract camp with Khmer Sight Foundation in Cambodia, Festival Medical Services at Glastonbury and is a national visual impairment classifier for the Paralympics.
English, Cantonese, Malay
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Wai Siene Ng at Nuffield Health
- YAG Capsulotomy
- Cataract Surgery
- Improving trabeculectomy survival after cataract surgery
- Surgical Glaucoma adjuvant therapy
- Wound Modulation
- Angle closure Glaucoma
- Stem Cell migration
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- European Glaucoma Society
- World Glaucoma Association
- Association for research in vision and Ophthalmology
Other posts held
- University Hospital of Wales
- Consultant Ophthalmologist specialising in Glaucoma
Ms Wai Siene Ng does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Wai Siene Ng does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Wai Siene Ng does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.