Miss Stana Bojanic is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the Oxford University Hospitals Trust and the Manor Hospital. She was appointed to her consultant post in 2004. She qualified from London University and undertook her neurosurgical training in Bristol and Oxford. She was awarded the Lang Research Fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons of England and completed this research year during her neurosurgical training in Bristol. She has served as the Spinal Lead for Neurosurgery in Oxford. Stana is available to see all spinal problems, with a specialist interest in degenerative spine, spinal tumours, spinal dysraphism, spinal and neuropathic pain.
Stana is also a senior member of the Functional Neurosurgical team. She has developed the Neuromodulation Service in Oxford into one of the major implant centres in the UK for patients with neuropathic pain, spinal pain and spasticity. This has enabled her to provide an integrated and holistic approach to management of spinal and neuropathic pain.
Stana has a specialist interest in the management of Trigeminal Neuralgia and complex face pain. She is part of the Complex Face Pain Team at the John Radcliffe Hospital.
Along with the following treatments Stana also offers:
- Spinal dysraphism
- Cervical decompression
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Complex face pain
- pinal cord stimulators,
- Dorsal root ganglion stimulators
- Intra-thecal pumps
spinal and neck surgery, spinal tumours, spinal dysraphism (Chiari
Malformation, syringomyelia), back pain, lumbar spine, sciatica, thoracic
spine, brachialgia, cervical disc replacement, cervical myelopathy, neuropathic
pain, arachnoid cysts, spasticity,
trigeminal neuralgia and craniofacial trauma
Stana enjoys teaching and is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Oxford University.
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Stana Bojanic at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
Stana has published papers on neuro-oncology, neuromodulation techniques and outcomes, arachnoid cysts and craniofacial trauma in peer reviewed journals. She has written book chapters on Spinal Cord Stimulation, Arachnoid Cysts and Management of Neurosurgical Emergencies.
She is a Primary Investigator for the study of High Intensity Frequency Ultrasound (HIFU) treatment for Saccro-coccygeal spinal tumours. She is an Investigator for the PROMISE international trial (assessing spinal cord stimulation in predominant low back pain).
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Neuromodulation Society of UK and Ireland
- British Neuro-oncology Society
Other post held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust
- Past President Neuromodulation Society of UK and Ireland
- College Assessor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Board Member National Neuromodulation Registry Governance Committee
- Board of Editors, Journal of Neuromodulation
- Committee Member Thames Valley Spinal Network
Insurers Ms Stana Bojanic works with
Ms Stana Bojanic works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Ms Stana Bojanic does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Stana Bojanic does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Stana Bojanic does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.