Ms Boorman was appointed as a Consultant General Surgeon specialising in Coloproctology to the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust in 2006.
Her practice includes diagnosis and surgery for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease as well as having an interest in proctology and pelvic floor dysfunction. She undertakes modern, less invasive procedures for haemorrhoidal disease (e.g. haemorrhoidal artery ligation and stapled haemorrhoidopexy) and offers a wide range of treatments for pelvic floor dysfunction including treatments for prolapse, incontinence and constipation. Her practice includes a large proportion of laparoscopic surgery.
She has a keen interest in training and is Training programme director for higher surgical trainee in the South West and Deputy Coloproctology Tutor for the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland.
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Patricia Boorman at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Reflux surgery (fundoplication)
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Anterior resection
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- National Pelvic Floor Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Royal Devon &
- Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Ms Patricia Boorman works with
Ms Patricia Boorman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Ms Patricia Boorman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Patricia Boorman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Patricia Boorman does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.