Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal has been a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital since 2014. Mrs Hikary-Bhal received her medical degree from Baghdad University in Iraq graduating in 1996. She completed her specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in South Wales, United Kingdom, and was awarded Certificate of Completion of Training in 2012.
Pelvic Floor Health:
Mrs Hikary-Bhal has dedicated her career to learning about pelvic floor health. She offers all conservative and surgical options in managing prolapse and urinary incontinence as well as the initial management of faecal incontinence and mesh complications.
Childbirth and the pelvic floor:
Perineal injury at the time of childbirth can have a profound negative effect on women and their families, she offers a specialised perineal care service for women suffering with any vaginal trauma related to childbirth.
General Gynaecology issues:
Mrs Hikary-Bhal looks after women with all Gynaecological issues including heavy periods, pelvic pain, endometriosis, painful intercourse, fibroids, infertility, early pregnancy and menopause-related issues. She is an advanced abdominal and vaginal surgeon.
Mrs Hikary-Bhal believes in a co-production relationship with her patients. She is attentive and listens to her patient’s needs in working with them to reach their desired goals and realistic outcomes.
- Pelvic Floor Health
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction
- Incontinence (Urinary and Faecal)
- Childbirth Related Injuries with labial reconstruction
- General Gynaecology including heavy periods, pelvic pain, infertility, early pregnancy, menopause, painful intercourse
- Evidence Based Practice and Innovation
- Medical Education
- Teaching and Training
- Quality Improvement
- Welsh Government Female Health Policies
Nadia is married to Kiron, who is also
a Consultant UroGynaecologist, and they have four children. They love
spending time with their children, family and friends and travelling across
America in an SUV.
Treatments and tests offered by Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal at Nuffield Health
- Pelvic floor repair
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
Mrs Hikary-Bhal has a keen interest in research and quality improvement projects. She is currently the Principal Investigator (PI) for the GAPP2 trial, which is a multicenter randomized controlled trial studying the impact of Gabapentin on pelvic pain in women. She has led and participated on a number of research projects. Her projects have been clinical based and have been presented at regional, national and international meetings with a number of publications. Mrs Hikary-Bhal, through her postgraduate degrees, studied research methodology and has an interest in qualitative research.
- PI for GAPP2: A multicenter randomized controlled trial studying Gabapentin as a treatment for Chronic Pelvic Pain (March 2017- ongoing)
- Medical Management of Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy - Is it practical and worthwhile? (2011)
- “A” Positive women are more likely to deliver vaginally- Myth or fact? (2011)
- The introduction and reaction of medical students to Case Based Learning in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. (2006)
Other posts held
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Insurers Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal works with
Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Aviva Health
- Healix Healthcare
Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mrs Nadia Hikary-Bhal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.