Mr Abdul Aal has a broad experience in general surgery gained in the UK and overseas. After having completed training at Ain Shams University Hospitals, Egypt, he undertook an eighteen-month fellowship in hepatobiliary and liver transplant surgery at King’s College Hospital. He consolidated his general surgery experience by working at St George’s, Croydon University and University College London Hospitals (UCLH), where he gained further experience in bariatric surgery. He is currently the lead clinician of the acute surgical unit at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
His other interests include medical education and the management of critically ill patients. He is an instructor on the management of critically ill surgical patients, a course run at the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Mr. Abdul Aal has published leading articles in national and international peer reviewed journals.
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons (EAES)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (RSC Eng)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (RCSI)
Mr Yasser Abdul Aal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Yasser Abdul Aal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Yasser Abdul Aal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.