Mr Chambers has been a consultant at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital for 10 years. Mr Chambers registrar training was at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. Mr Chambers also completed a fellowship in Auckland City Hospital in New Zealand and a laparoscopic fellowship in Bristol.
Mr Chambers has considerable experience in laparoscopic treatment of colon cancer, hernias and functional bowel problems, also in colonoscopy and the treatment of colon and rectal polyps.
- Colorectal and general surgery
- Hernia repair, including laparoscopic hernia repair and local anaesthetic hernia repair
- Treatment of haemorrhoids
- Colon cancer surgery
- Functional bowel and pelvic surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr William Chambers at Nuffield Health
- Family history screening
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Anterior resection
Mr Chambers was awarded an MD (UCL) for cancer research undertaken jointly between John Radcliffe Hospital and Cancer Research UK.
Mr Chambers has also published papers relating to the surgical testament of colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, functional bowel problems and many other aspects of colorectal surgery.
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
Mr William Chambers does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr William Chambers does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr William Chambers does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.