Mr Vijay Kurup
MS, FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Gen Surg), European Board(Surgery)
GMC number: 4365763
Practicing since: 1988
- Monday PM
Or call us on
*Important information for breast patients*
If you are experiencing symptoms such as breast pain, breast lump, nipple discharge or change in breast appearance please do not book online. Instead we ask that you call us on 01642 367448.
Mr Kurup is a Consultant General Surgeon with special interest in breast and endocrine surgery. As part of his general surgical practice he undertakes all routine general surgical procedures such as laparoscopic/open cholecystectomy and endoscopic procedures such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy. Mr Kurup also performs breast surgery and he is Lead Endocrine Surgeon for the Trust. In his capacity as Endocrine Surgeon he concentrates mainly on patients' thyroid and parathyroid problems.
Mr Kurup also specialises in Cosmetic Breast Surgery at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital including:
Breast Enlargement (Augmentation)
Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)
Replacement of breast implants
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Vijay Kurup at Nuffield Health
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Thyroid surgery (thyroidectomy)
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Locations Mr Vijay Kurup works with
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Endocrine Surgery
- British Association for Cancer Surgery
Other posts held
- Consultant General & Breast Surgeon
- Endocrine Surgeon at The University Hospital of North Tees
Insurers Mr Vijay Kurup works with
Mr Vijay Kurup works with the following private medical insurance providers:
Mr Vijay Kurup does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Vijay Kurup does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Vijay Kurup does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.