- All investigations and treatment relevant to the
management of children with orthopaedic conditions
- Children’s orthopaedics
- Hip dysplasia and other paediatric hip conditions
- Foot biomechanics / flatfoot
- Cerebral Palsy
- Gait analysis and the biomechanics of gait
- Musculoskeletal tumours
Mr Theologis’ research work focuses on the orthopaedic management of children with cerebral palsy (CP), the biomechanics of gait and the management of foot conditions in children.
His previous contributions in these fields include the development of the Oxford Foot Model, a biomechanical tool to measure dynamic foot motion during walking. This model is now used internationally by most gait laboratories and is part of the software provided by the main industry producing gait analysis equipment. The Oxford Foot and Ankle Questionnaire was also developed to provide patient/parent based validated information on foot-related disability. In pursuing his interest in cerebral palsy management, he contributed to the development of improved gait analysis techniques with increased accuracy and validity. He organized a randomized prospective trial to demonstrate the loss of muscle strength in CP children undergoing orthopaedic surgery and the benefits of strengthening exercise. On the basis of these findings he developed the minimally invasive multi-level surgery programme at Oxford and published improved results in comparison to conventional methods.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Society of Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Cerebral Palsy Surgery Society
- European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
- European Society of Motion Analysis
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Oxford University Hospitals NHSFT
Insurers Mr Tim Theologis works with
Mr Tim Theologis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Tim Theologis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tim Theologis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tim Theologis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.