Mr Malik qualified from the University of St Andrews in 1990 and then completed his Medical Degree at the University of Manchester. He was a registrar in the Greater Manchester area training in the most challenging adult and paediatric head and neck patients with complex problems. He completed his training during comprehensive Senior fellowship at Manchester Royal Infirmary and the Christie Hospital, Manchester, whilst undertaking specialist training in the Manchester Childrens Hospital. Mr Malik is currently a Head, Neck & Thyroid Consultant Surgeon at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, where he is referred complex cases from Devon and Cornwall.
Mr Malik's special interests include:
- Head and neck Lumps - lumps of the thyroid gland
- Head and neck cancers and thyroid cancers
- Benign disease of the head and Neck
- Salivary gland diseases and surgery
- Voice Disorders
- Swallowing Disorders
- Transoral laser resection of cancers, retrosternal (large) thyroid glands, anterior mediastinal masses (with thoracic surgeons specialist upper airway problems and tracheostomies)
- Facial nerve surgery
- Parathyroid surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Tass Malik at Nuffield Health
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy (or laryngoscopy)
- Submandibular gland removal
- Head and neck surgery
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Peninsula Cancer Network Chairman, Thyroid Network Site Specific Group
- Academic Tutor for Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Medical Defence Union
- British Association of Head &
- Neck Oncologists
- British Association of Endocrine &
- Thyroid Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- ENT UK
Other posts held
- Consultant Otolaryngologist, Head
- Neck /Thyroid Surgeon, Derriford Hospital
- Academic Tutor for Peninsula Medical School
Mr Tass Malik does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tass Malik does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tass Malik does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.