- Specialities Joint replacement, Key Hole Surgery, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine
- Telephone Appointments Team 01244 684 325 Secretary 07557 386 696
- Year of first qualification 1988
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English and Hungarian
- GMC Number 6096591
- Fax 01244 680 812
Mr Kustos underwent specialist Orthopaedic training in Hungary. During his training he had a scholarship in Copenhagen, Denmark for 4 months where he studied Paediatric Orthopaedics under the ex-president of the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS). He had part of his traumatology training carried out in the United Arab Emirates between 1997-1999.
He became a consultant in 2000 and he has been on the UK specialist register since 2004.
He started to work in our hospital already in 2004 and after 5 years absence he re-joined the hospital in 2011.
Mr Kustos is a very experienced surgeon, who carried out almost six thousand procedures over the last 10 years, including more than one thousand surgeries in our hospital already.
After his training he mainly was involved in lower limb procedures, but also carried out quite a few upper extremity procedures. For the last almost 10 years he has special interest in knee surgeries, including arthroscopies, ligament reconstructions and knee joint replacement surgeries.
- Every Friday 14:00 - 16:00
- Every Wednesday: 14.00 - 17.00
- Chondral, meniscal and ligament disorders of the knee
- Knee arthroscopic surgeries including meniscal surgeries and ligament reconstructions. Joint replacement surgeries
Mr Kustos was heavily involved with teaching of medical students at the university for more than 10 years.
Mr Kustos has a special interest in sports. After being an athlete for four years he played handball for almost 25 years. He was even a member of the National Team of Hungarian Doctors
This led to his special interest in sports injuries.
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Regional Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- Societe Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopedique et de Traumatologie
- European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Hungarian Orthopaedic Association
The background of his research work was that adhesion of bacterial strains to the surface of living tissues and artificial implants is the first step of bacterial infection. Bacteria show higher adhesive ability to non-living surfaces than to living tissues, this process has very important role in the biofilm production on the surface of orthopaedic implants. Biofilm production has a great clinical significance, because of the difficult diffusion of antibiotics in the matrix leading to chronic infections.
In 2003 he achieved his PhD Degree from the research project involving orthopaedic wound infections. The title of his work was: Follow-up analysis of bacterial species isolated from orthopaedic samples.
He also did clinical research on different orthopaedic topics like Sport Injuries, Pediatric Orthopaedics and Infections in Orthopaedics.
Mr Kustos is the author of 22 academic publications in major Journals including the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British Volume).
He also has 13 Peer-reviewed and published abstracts; Impact factor: 14.263 / Cited Author: 130
DeclarationMr Tamas Kustos works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
Mr Tamas Kustos does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tamas Kustos does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tamas Kustos does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.