Mr. Anjum is a Fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with specialist interest in Foot & ankle conditions and complex foot & ankle trauma. He has extensive experience in Trauma & Orthopaedic surgery. He works in Southampton General hospital.
He regularly treats patient with arthritis of the ankle and foot, performing ankle joint replacement in suitable cases. He uses small incisions (Minimally Invasive surgery) to perform procedures such as arthroscopic ankle fusion and fibular nailing.
You may be referred to him if you have a complex foot or ankle fracture, tendon problems in your foot or ankle, planter fascitis or a foot deformity like bunions or curly toes. He also specializes in ligament reconstruction and rehabilitation for sports injuries.
He has published several papers in peer-reviewed foot and ankle journals. He is a co-lead for the UK STAR study, a multicentre national trial based at University Hospital Southampton studying rehabilitation after Achilles tendon rupture.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Syed Neshat Anjum at Nuffield Health
- Toe surgery
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Ankle arthroscopy
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- MRI scan
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle ligament repair
- Ankle replacement
I have completed two theses and presented in many national and international meetings.
I have several publications in high impact foot & ankle journals. Some are as below –
1. Basal osteotomy with lateral soft tissue release and medial plication in the correction of moderate to severe Hallux Valgus. Anjum SN, Denolf F. Foot & Ankle Surgery 2006;12,1:13-17.
2. Spike osteotomy in the treatment of Hallux Valgus. Mittal D, Anjum SN, Raja S, Raut V. The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery 2006;45,4:261-265.
3. Sesamoids of the Foot. Anwar R, Anjum SN, Nicholl JE. Current Orthopaedics 2005;19(1):40-48
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in University Hospital Southampton
Insurers Mr Syed Neshat Anjum works with
Mr Syed Neshat Anjum works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Westfield Health WPA
- The Exeter Friendly
- CS Healthcare
- Freedom Health
Mr Syed Neshat Anjum does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Syed Neshat Anjum does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Syed Neshat Anjum does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.