Mr Syed Ahmed
MBChB, LLM, MSc, FRCS (Tr & Orth.)
GMC number: 7014758
Practicing since: 2008
- Monday PM
- Mr Ahmed does not treat children
Or call us on
Mr. Ahmed is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
He graduated from University of Sheffield’s Medical School and completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics in Kent, Surrey and Sussex. He then went on to gain international experience in Toronto to further sub-specialise in lower limb arthroplasty. Following this, he worked at University College London Hospital gaining significant experience in complex hip replacements, revision hip surgery and robotic hip arthroplasty. During his fellowship he performed a high volume of robotic joint replacements. He also has a specialist interest in managing prosthetic joint infections.
He has widely published in several peer reviewed journals and has also presented at international orthopaedic meetings in Canada, Switzerland, Portugal and India. A list of his most recent publications can be found here:
He is an active member of the British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society and European Hip Society.
1. The British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship. He was one of two orthopaedic surgeons to be awarded the prestigious BHS Fellowship in 2019. This gave him the unique opportunity to gain experience at the internationally renowned Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York.
2. Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Scholarship to attend their meeting in Florida, USA – December 2019.
3. European Hip Society Travelling Fellowship Invited to visit specialist orthopaedic units in Italy.
He is keen to teach junior trainees and has previously lectured on Master’s Programmes at University College London and Canterbury Christ Church University. He is an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor and a tutor on the Basic Surgical Skills course for the Royal College of Surgeons.
Mr. Ahmed ensures that he uses the latest in hip technology and has a specific interest in enhanced recovery after hip replacement and minimally invasive surgery.
Areas of interest
Hip Osteoarthritis; Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement; Hip Replacement; Avascular necrosis of the Hip; Revision Hip Replacement; Complex Hip Replacement; Hip Injection;
Hip Arthroscopy; Enhanced Recovery; Periprosthetic Fracture Management; Osteoarthritis; Sports related Hip injuries;
Keen and enthusiastic tennis player and an avid Roger Federer fan!
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Syed Ahmed at Nuffield Health
- Hip revision
- Hip replacement
- Trauma Surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Hip arthroscopy
Locations Mr Syed Ahmed works with
He has widely published in several peer reviewed journals and has also presented at international orthopaedic meetings in Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal and India.
- British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society, European Hip Society.
Insurers Mr Syed Ahmed works with
Mr Syed Ahmed works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)