Mr Chandrashekar graduated from the University of Mumbai, India in 2001 and later undertook residency training in General Surgery and Trauma & Orthopaedics at St. Petersburg state paediatric medical academy, Russia between 2001and 2004 – qualifying with a M.S. Degree in Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
Mr Chandrashekar’s further training in trauma and orthopaedics has seen him in rotation across various subspecialty firms in Manchester, Harlow (Essex) and Royal London Hospital (NHS). He successfully passed the Royal College of Surgeons exams securing the Fellowship Diploma for FRCS (Orth) and went on to undertake sub-speciality fellowship training in Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic surgery at The University Hospitals of Southampton Foundation Trust.
Mr Chandrashekar practices minimally invasive surgery and supports enhanced patient recovery and early rehabilitation. He is committed to research projects for foot surgery and has peer-reviewed publications, successfully presenting at international and national medical conferences.
Mr Chandrashekar is passionate about teaching and actively trains medical students and orthopaedic trainees within the NHS as well as acting as an examiner The Royal College of Surgeons in England Revision courses. Besides speaking English as his first language, he is fluent in Hindi, Tamil and caters to Russian speaking clients as well.
Mr Chandrashekar has a clinical interest in all aspects of foot & ankle disorders as well as surgery and the management of sports injuries.
Key areas of surgical management include:
- Ankle Instability
- Ankle Pain
- Ankle Replacement Surgery
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Bunion Surgery
- Cartilage Operation
- Foot surgery for toe problems
- Ganglion Removal Treatment
- Lower Limb Reconstruction
- Rheumatoid foot reconstruction for Rheumatoid arthritis
- Management of Ankle and Foot trauma and complex fractures.
- Tendon injuries and ruptures.
- Management and reconstruction of flat feet and high-arched feet.
English, Hindi, Tamil, Russian
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- European Foot & Ankle Society
Other posts held
- The Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust