Mr Stuart James undertook his medical training in Southampton University, before returning home to Wales.
Stuart then undertook his basic surgical training and also specialist training in Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, before undergoing further sub-specialist training in Spine Surgery. Stuart has completed a recognised spine fellowship in Bristol, where he has gained extensive experience in all aspects of spinal disease, from trauma and tumour work through to adult and paediatric complex deformity. Further exposure and training in cutting edge contemporary spinal techniques has been gained in Europe and the USA.
Mr James’s practice is solely in the field of spine surgery. The services that he provides include injection therapies as well as all aspects of open spine surgery. Areas of specific interest include, sports injuries, adult degenerative spinal disease, cervical disease, deformity, motion preservation surgery and microscopic assisted minimally invasive techniques.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Stuart James at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Spinal decompression surgery
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
His research interests are in the role of minimally invasive surgery and its relationship to improved clinical outcomes.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- British Scoliosis Society
Other post held
- University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- Honorary Lecturer at the University of Wales
- Tutor on the Royal College of Surgeons surgical skills and Orthopaedics courses
Mr Stuart James does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Stuart James does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Stuart James does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.