Mr Wall graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa in 1984. He became a Fellow of the South African College of Surgeons in Plastic Surgery in 1993, following formal training at the University of the Witwatersrand Academic Complex Johannesburg. In addition, he is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and a Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. He has 28 years experience as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon having held an initial appointment in South Africa from 1993.
From 1995 to date Mr Wall has held the post of Consultant Plastic Surgeon in the NHS in Oxford and was the Clinical Director of Craniofacial Services in Oxford until late 2014.
Mr Wall's clinical practice includes all aspects of general plastic and reconstructive surgery, including soft tissue, hand and facial trauma as well as skin and soft tissue lesions, including skin cancer and scarring/tissue defects. His sub-specialties include both congenital and acquired adult and paediatric craniofacial conditions within the NHS and as a result he has extensive experience in facial plastic surgery and paediatric plastic surgery.
- Paediatric Plastic surgery including infant and child head shape and facial asymmetry as well a paediatric surgical skin lesions.
- High level cookery having attended multiple national and international cookery courses
- Creative photography including competitive photography in the past
- Silver-smithing and jewellery making
Fluent in English and Afrikaans, conversational French and Spanish
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Steven Arthur Wall at Nuffield Health
- Fat grafting
- Reconstructive surgery
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Soft tissue lump service
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Local anaesthetic
- Facial surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Head and neck surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Skull base surgery
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Craniofacial reconstruction
Mr Wall has published widely in plastic surgery and craniofacial surgery with over 100 articles in peer review journals.
His major research interests are related to the functional effect and long term surgical outcomes in cranio-synostosis.
- International Society for Craniofacial Surgery
- European Society for Craniofacial Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Insurers Mr Steven Arthur Wall works with
Mr Steven Arthur Wall works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
Mr Steven Arthur Wall does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Steven Arthur Wall does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Steven Arthur Wall does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.