Mr Rowley carried out his postgraduate ophthalmic surgical training at Bristol Eye Hospital. Upon completion of this training he undertook two further years of world class specialist fellowship training in vitreoretinal surgery. The first fellowship was based at Royal Perth Hospital and the Lions Eye Institute in Perth, Western Australia and the second fellowship was based at the world famous Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
Mr Rowley was appointed to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in 2004, as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon with a special interest in vitreoretinal surgery. He treats conditions such as macular hole, epiretinal membrane, retinal detachment and complex eye disease. In addition he performs small incision cataract surgery including the use of multifocal lens implants and toric lens implants to correct astigmatism. He also has extensive experience in the management of age related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Cataract- including the use of multifocal and toric lens implants
- Epiretinal membrane
- Macular hole
- Retinal detachment
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Severe floaters
- Age related macular degeneration
- All aspects of general Ophthalmology
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Steven Rowley at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
- Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- British and Eire Association of Vitreoetinal Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Mr Steven Rowley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Steven Rowley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Steven Rowley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.