Dr Attard-Montalto trained in Kent and London in gynaecology and underwent sub specialisation in gynae-oncology surgery. He has special interest in pre-malignant and malignant vulval conditions. He trained in the surgical management of gynaecological cancers and perform complex open and laparoscopic surgery for these conditions.
Dr Attard-Montalto is also an accredited colposcopist dealing with abnormal smears and pre-malignant and malignant cervical lesions. His research and MD thesis at the University of London was based on Immunology specifically within the field of Ovarian Tumours.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Stephen Montalto at Nuffield Health
A selection of publications includes:
- Characterisation of cells of the B lineage in the Human Greater Omentum – Boursier L, Montalto SA, Raju S, Culora G, Spencer J. Immunology 2006 Sep; 119(1):90-97.
- The Accuracy of Frozen Section Diagnosis at Surgery in Pre-Malignant and Malignant Lesions of the Endometrium. S Attard Montalto, M Coutts, O Devaja, J Summers, R Jyothirmayi, A Papadopoulos. European Journal of Gynae Oncology 2008 Vol XXIX (5): 435-441.
- Well differentiated Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma of the Uterus. A Cancer Unit or a Cancer Centre Case? S Attard Montalto, A Hakmi, P Moth, M Coutts, KS Raju, A Papadopoulos, O Devaja. European Journal of Gynae Oncology 2009 Vol XXX (1) 35-39.
- Small Cell Carcinoma of the Ovary – Hypercalcaemic type. Fertility sparing surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy in a large stage I tumour. S. Attard Montalto*, A. Gupta, A. Hakmi, K. Shanti Raju. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011;31(2):199-200.
- A prospective study of sentinel lymph node detection in vulval carcinoma: is it time for a change in clinical practice? Devaja O, Mehra G, Coutts M, Adamson S, Montalto SA, Donaldson J, Papadopoulos AJ. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2011 Apr, 21(3):559-64.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- European Society of Gynaeoncology
- British Society of Colpscopy and Cervical Pathology
- Maltese Medical Council
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynae-oncology Surgeon, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Stephen Montalto works with
Mr Stephen Montalto works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Stephen Montalto does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Stephen Montalto does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Stephen Montalto does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.