Mr Somaiah Aroori is a vastly experienced consultant general, laparoscopic, hepato-pancreato-biliary and transplant surgeon based in Plymouth. He is a specialist in laparoscopic surgical procedures involving the gallbladder, bile duct, liver, pancreas, and duodenum, abdominal wall and groin hernias. He chooses laparoscopic surgery due to it being less invasive, associated with less pain, offering faster recovery, and lower infection rates.
In 2011, Mr Aroori started his general, HPB, and renal transplant surgical consultant job at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust. Since then he has been involved in over 1000 laparoscopic gallbladder operations (with no bile duct injuries) ~600 hernia operations, ~ 600 complex liver, pancreas, and bile duct operations for tumours, and several hundred other general surgical operations.
Mr Aroori is an active contributor in numerous research projects and medical investigations. He is the chief investigator for the multi-centre study called " RAW - Recurrence After Whipple" study and UK wide study called the ALICE study. He is an examiner for both MRCS and FRCS. He has developed and organised several surgically courses both for the postgraduate and consultant surgeons. He is honorary fellow of Plymouth University.
- Gallbladder problems
- Inguinal hernia
- Incisional hernia repair
- Abdominal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Umbilical hernia
- Femoral hernia
- Spigelian hernia
- Bile duct stones
- Liver, pancreatic and duodenal surgery
- Adrenal gland surgery
Mr Aroori's specialties include:
- Hepato-Pancreatic-Bilary (HPB) surgery
- Laparoscopic HPB surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery
English, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Somaiah Aroori at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Great Britain and Ireland Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeons
- British Society of Transplantation
- European Society of Organ Transplantation
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
Other post held
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
Mr Somaiah Aroori does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Somaiah Aroori does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Somaiah Aroori does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.