- 2006 - Visiting Surgeon Division of Thoracic and Foregut Surgery - University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre.
- 2001 to 2006 - Consultant Oesophago-gastric Surgeon - Northern Oesophago-gastric unit Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- 2001 - National Cancer Centre Hospital, Toyoko - Gastric, Oesophageal and Endoscopic Divisions
- 1997 to 2000 - Lecturer in Surgery - University of Leeds
- Association of Surgeons Gold Medal Prize Winner for FRCS (Gen)
Mr Preston is a multi-disciplinary team leader for Oesophageal (gullet) and Gastric (stomach) cancer, his specialities include:
1. Reflux Disease
- Laparscopic anti-reflux surgery (Nissan and Toupet fundoplication plus hiatus hernia repair)
2. Indigestion (Dyspepsia)
- Diagnosis, endoscopy and management
- Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers
- Nausia and vomiting
3. Barrett's Oesophagus
- Endoscopic surveillance
4. Achalasia and Oesophageal Motility (swallowing) Disorders
- Laparoscopic Heller-s cardiomyotomy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy with on-table cholangiogram
6. Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Inguinal hernia repair (TEP)
- Open Inguinal hernia repair under local anaesthetic
- Femoral hernia repair
- Incisional hernia repair
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Laparoscopic hiatus hernia and giant paraoesophageal hernia repair
7. General Surgery
- All abdominal emergencies, pain and or swelling
8. Laparoscopic Appendicetomy
Skiing, mountain biking and enjoying fine wine and good food.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Shaun Preston at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic anti reflux surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (council member and clinical services committee member)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- European Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Surgeon, Director of Upper GI Courses, MATTU (Minimal Access Therapy Training Unit)
- Senior Visiting Fellow, University of Surrey
Mr Shaun Preston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Shaun Preston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Shaun Preston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.