Shafiq Chughtai is a consultant Upper GI
Surgeon in Cwm Taff University Health board.
his area of expertise is Gall bladder / biliary
surgery and abdominal wall hernia surgery
using minimally invasive (laproscopic) and
Laparoscopic and Open Abdominal Hernia
Laparoscopic and Open Gall Bladder Surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Shafiq Chughtai at Nuffield Health
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Masters in Organ transplantation with
dissertation on Cognitive Impairment in renal
failure and transplant recipients.
Has 20 articles published nationally and
internationally on Liver / Pancreas Cancer and
- Member & Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member British Hernia Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Upper GI Surgeon Prince Charles Hospital Merthyr Tyfdil
- Visiting Transplant Surgeon University Hospital of Cardiff
Mr Shafiq Chughtai does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Shafiq Chughtai does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Shafiq Chughtai does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.