Sanjay trained at King's College London and at St Bartholomew's Hospital to achieve his dual qualification status. He completed his postgraduate training on the South Coast and was awarded his Doctorate in Medicine in 2008 for his work on the genetics of cancer growth. Sanjay was appointed as consultant at Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust in June 2010, specialising in head and neck cancer and reconstruction.
His special interests include facial plastic and aesthetic surgery using non-surgical and surgical techniques, consolidating these with an attachment at the world renowned Boston Facial Plastic Surgery & Facial Nerve Center.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Head and neck cancer reconstruction
- Facial plastic surgery and facial feminisation surgery
- Facial pain and temporomandibular joint disease
- Salivary gland disease
- Facial paralysis/reanimation surgery
- Vascular malformation surgery
Sanjay enjoys skiing, tennis and attempting to reduce his golf handicap but most of all enjoys spending time with his young family.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sanjay Sharma at Nuffield Health
- Dental implants
Cancer cell biology
Reparative stem cell tissue engineering
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- European Association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
- British Association of Facial Plastic Surgery
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- British Association of Head & Neck Oncology
Other posts held
- Southampton University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Sanjay Sharma works with
Mr Sanjay Sharma works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Sanjay Sharma does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sanjay Sharma does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sanjay Sharma does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.