Mr Kumar obtained Basic medical degree in India and Master Degree in Trauma and Orthopaedics from University of Edinburgh with distinction. He has gained extensive knowledge and experience in Foot and Ankle Surgery during his training as Orthopaedic surgeon. He underwent British Orthopaedic Association national clinical fellowship in reputed tertiary teaching hospitals in London and Manchester. He has published number of research papers including systematic reviews on flat foot reconstruction with lateral column lengthening and deformity correction by growth modulation.
Mr Kumar is a specialist orthopaedic surgeon, who regularly performs all Foot and Ankle surgery includes those for Arthritis, fractures, cartilage diseases, ligament, and tendon repair as well as reconstruction. He specialises in joint sparing, realignment surgical techniques and commonly performs complex multilevel hindfoot, midfoot and forefoot surgery. He has keen interest in arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgical techniques for congenital and acquired limb disorders. He also performs adolescent lower limb reconstruction surgery to knee, Foot and Ankle for deformities and variety of conditions including Trauma and sports injuries.
- Consultation for foot and ankle disorders
- Adolescent and children orthopaedics
- Minor outpatient procedures
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Adolescent and paediatric orthopaedics
- GROWTH MODULATION FOR CORONAL DEFORMITY CORRECTION USING EIGHT PLATES - SYSTEMATIC REVIEW, Sanjay Kumar, SV Sonanis; Journal of Orthopaedics Jan 2018
- CALCANEAL LENGTHENING OSTEOTOMY FOR ADOLESCENT IDIOPATHIC PES PLANOVALGUS DEFORMITY – SYSTEMATIC REVIEW, Sanjay Kumar, SV Sonanis; Accepted for publication in the Journal of Orthopaedics July 2017
- RADIOGRAPHIC AND FUNCTIONAL EVALUATION OF LOW PROFILE DORSAL VERSUS VOLAR PLATING FOR DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURES, published in The Journal of Orthopaedics June 2016
- FEMORAL HEAD NECK RATIO’ AND ITS EFFECT ON TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT S.V. Sonanis, S. Kumar, N. Deshmukh Abstract published The Bone & Joint Journal Oct 2015
- ‘TUNNING FORK LINES’: A NEW MEASURE TO DETERMINE TALAR SHIFT FOR ANKLE FRACTURES S.V. Sonanis, S. Kumar, K. Bodo, N.V. Deshmukh Abstract published The Bone & Joint Journal Dec 2014
- FEMORAL HEAD NECK RATIO AND ITS EFFECT ON TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT S.V. Sonanis, S. Kumar, N. Deshmukh published as supplement The Bone & Joint Journal Dec 2014
- CORONAL STABILISATION AND BRACING OF DISPLACED CAPITELLUM FRACTURES: A SIMPLE KIRSCHNER WIRE STAPLING TECHNIQUE S V Sonanis, S Kumar, N Deshmukh, C Wray, D J Beard, abstract published The Bone & Joint Journal April 2013
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Sanjay Kumar works with
Mr Sanjay Kumar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Sanjay Kumar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sanjay Kumar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sanjay Kumar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.