- Specialities Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Women's Health
- Telephone 02920 836 714
- Year of first qualification 1989
- GMC Number 4566818
- Fax 01443 449 222
After completing his undergraduate medical training at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, and Seth G. S. Medical School, Mr Chawathe qualified as a doctor in 1989.
He started training in obstetrics and gynaecology in 1989 and was awarded a diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology in 1991. Upon completing his residency program, he passed MD (O & G) and FCPS exams in 1992. He took his MRCOG examination in 1998 and completed a welsh deanery training program to achieve certificate of completion specialist training (CCST).
During his specialist training, he developed skills in laparoscopic surgery and urogynaecology. Subsequently, he was appointed as a Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician with special interest in urogynaecology, at Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil in 2004.
- Weekly clinics
- Consultant Gynaecologist &
- Obstetrician, Prince Charles Hospital (Merthyr Tydfil), South Wales
Laparoscopic surgery, Urogynaecology, Female urinary incontinence, Vaginal prolapse surgery.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- UK Continence Society
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy.
DeclarationMr Sanjay Chawathe works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Sanjay Chawathe does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sanjay Chawathe does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sanjay Chawathe does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.