- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 0117 906 4880
- Year of first qualification 1993
- Email email@example.com
English, German, Hindi and Marathi
- GMC Number 5204968
- Fax 0117 925 4909
Mr Mehendale works as a Trauma and Orthopaedic Consultant at the University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, with his special interests being primary and revision/replacement hip and knee surgery as well as prosthetic joint infections.
Mr Mehendale gained his primary medical qualification and completed his basic surgical training in India. Having then achieved a Masters in Orthopaedic Surgery, he came to the United Kingdom, to further advance his interest and training in arthroplasty surgery.
Mr Mehendale did his higher surgical training in the South West, which culminated in the prestigious Advanced Hip Arthroplasty Fellowship in Bristol. He has extensive experience in managing complex hip and knee problems and has a special interest in hip impingement surgery. He is trained in hip arthroscopy surgery and management of young adult hip problems.
He has an active interest in teaching and is regularly involved in teaching both undergraduates and postgraduates in Orthopaedics.
- Tuesday evening by arrangement
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Southmead Hospital
Mr Mehendale is a keen sportsman and has represented his college in various sports and has been the captain on the badminton team. He regularly plays badminton and table tennis and is a keen cricketer. He loves going cycling with his family and travelling in his spare time.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- European Hip Society
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Mr Mehendale pursues an active interest in research and has published especially in the field of revision hip replacement surgery including:
- K. Zahos, S. Mehendale, A. J. Ward, E. J. Smith, and M. Nichols, The 15° face-changing acetabular component for treatment of osteoarthritis secondary to developmental dysplasia of the hip; J Bone Joint Surg Br, February 2012 94-B:163-166
- Parry, M Whitehouse, S Mehendale et al, A comparison of the validity and reliability of established bone stock loss classification systems and the proposal of a novel classification system, Hip International, 2010; 20, 50-55
- S Mehendale, I D Learmonth, E Smith et al, Use of irradiated bone graft for impaction grafting in acetabular revision surgery, Hip International, 2009,19,114-119
- M Hassaballa, S Mehendale, I D Learmonth et al, Stem subsidence after femoral impaction grafting in revision hip surgery using irradiated bone, J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009, Jan, 91(1):37-43
- S Nedungayil, S Mehendale, I D Learmonth et al, Femoral cementing techniques - Current trends in the United Kingdom, Annals of Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2006 Mar; 88(2):127-30
DeclarationMr Sanchit Mehendale works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Sanchit Mehendale does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sanchit Mehendale does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sanchit Mehendale does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.