Mr Sood is a fully accredited Consultant ENT surgeon with a special interest in thyroid, head & neck cancer and facial plastic skin cancer surgery.
He graduated from medical school in 1998 and completed his post graduate training MS (ENT) at the University of Delhi, India in 2004. Subsequently Mr Sood moved to the UK and has since completed his basic and higher surgical training and is trained in all sub-specialties, with fellowships in head & neck and thyroid.
Having successfully passed all his exams, Mr Sood was awarded membership and fellowship of the Royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh.
He has been practising for over 20 years as an ENT Surgeon and has gained extensive experience in the speciality. Mr Sood deals with all general ENT problems including ear conditions, nasal/sinus complaints, benign/malignant neck lumps including salivary glands and thyroid problems.
Mr Sood has been involved with many national and international publications and presentations and actively participates in both undergraduate and post-graduate teaching and training programmes in the UK. He is also involved in educating local GP groups.
In recognition of Mr Sood’s role in post-graduate training, he has been awarded the title of Honorary clinical tutor by the Severn school of surgery.
Mr Sood’s special interests include head and neck cancer, voice problems, thyroid surgery and skin cancers of the head and neck and he has implemented several service improvement projects over the years and thrives on improving efficiency in healthcare and medicine.
Mr Sood specialises and offers advice and treatment for:
- Endoscopic nasal surgery
- deviated nasal septum(septoplasty)
- FESS(functional endoscopic sinus surgery)
- Head neck oncology
- Head neck surgery
- Larynx with diagnostic endoscopy
- Facial /Neck lumps
- Throat disorders
- Parotid and submandibular gland problems
- Skin cancers of the head and neck
- Thyroid lumps
- Turbinate surgery
Head neck benign and malignant lumps
Mr Sood is married and lives with his wife and two sons. He is a keen sportsman with a keen interest in cricket and badminton. He also loves music, spending time with family and friends, cooking and travelling.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Salil Sood at Nuffield Health
- Thyroid surgery (thyroidectomy)
- Head and neck oncology
- Head and neck surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- British association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- British Society of Head and Neck Imaging
Other posts held
- ENT Head & Neck Consultant at the Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust
- Head and Neck Cancer Lead at the Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust
- Honorary ENT Consultant at the University of North Midlands University Hospital
- Trustee of the Shropshire and Mid-Wales Head and Neck charity
Insurers Mr Salil Sood works with
Mr Salil Sood works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)