- Specialities General Surgery, Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Telephone 01277 695 695
- Year of first qualification 1986
- Email Brentwood.email@example.com
- GMC Number 4550475
- Fax 01277 261 924
Mr Jacob has been a Consultant Surgeon at Barking, Havering & Redbridge NHS for the past 13 years specialising in vascular and laparoscopic surgery. He was appointed as Consultant General Surgeon specialising in vascular and laparoscopic surgery in 1999 and is based at Queens and King Georges NHS Hospitals.
As a vascular surgeon he carries out keyhole repairs of abdominal aortic aneurysm - endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR). He also performs lower limb bypass surgery, angioplasties and carotid endarterectomy in the private sector.
Mr Jacob specialises in varicose vein surgery and the new minimally invasive treatment options that are available. He introduced radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins to Essex and as a pilot study at King Georges Hospital. He has carried out over 300 of these procedures with very good results and patient satisfaction. Mr Jacob also treats thread veins and superficial veins with injection sclerotherapy and by thermos coagulation using the Vein Wave Machine.
As a Laparoscopic Surgeon Mr Jacob has performed over 600 hernias within the private sector with only two reoccurrences. He won first prize for his paper on Laparoscopic Hernia at the European Laparoscopic Surgeons Conference in 2004.
He carries out the laparoscopic extraperitoneal hernia repair (TEP) at the Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. In addition to hernia surgery, he routinely performs laparoscopic gall bladder surgery.
- Weekly Thursday 18:30 - 20:30
- Consultant General & Vascular Surgeon at Barking, Havering, Redbridge NHS Trust
- Varicose veins
- Keyhole/laparoscopic hernia
- Gall bladder surgery
- Arterial surgery
- Carotid aneurysm/bypass
Mr Jacob is married with 2 teenage sons and enjoys spending time with his family. He has played high level cricket at university and passed his skills on to his children who are currently playing for Essex County at junior level.
- Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Medical Protection Society
Distal arterial reconstruction for critically ischaemic legs.