Robert Corns went to medical school in Cardiff and was an undergraduate researcher at Harvard Medical School. His postgraduate training in Neurosurgery was in London, including the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, King’s College Hospital and St George’s Hosptial. More recently, he was visiting the Centre Hospitalier Saint Anne, Paris.
He has been a Consultant Neurosurgeon at Leeds General Infirmary since 2013. His clinical interests are spinal surgery for degenerative disease as well as adult brain tumours and traumatic brain injury.
Mr Corns specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
Robert enjoys spending his spare time with his wife and young family. He also plays a wide range of sports.
English and Welsh, conversational French
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Robert Corns at Nuffield Health
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Brain surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Lumbar discectomy
- Nerve surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Spinal fusion
Robert has published extensively with over fifteen peer-reviewed articles to his credit. He is currently engaged in neuro-oncology research at the University of Leeds.
- Society of British Neurosurgeons
- British Neuro-oncology Society
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Medical Association
- North of England Neurological Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Premium Medical Protection
Other post held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Leeds General Infirmary
Insurers Mr Robert Corns works with
Mr Robert Corns works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Robert Corns does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Robert Corns does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Robert Corns does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.