- Specialities Neurosurgery
- Telephone 01223 370 922
- Year of first qualification 1997
- Email Shelagh.Eggo@nuffieldhealth.com
- GMC Number 4419507
- Fax 01223 281310
Mr Trivedi has specialist interests in spinal, skull base and cerebrovascular surgery. Whilst on fellowship, he gained proficiency in minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery techniques and performed the first keyhole lumbar discectomy in the region, shortly after his return. Mr Trivedi's spinal practice includes treatment of spinal trauma, infection and tumours, and all aspects of degenerative spinal disease including disc prolapse and spinal stenosis.
Mr Trivedi has a strong track record in teaching for undergraduate and postgraduate students. In 2002 he commenced tutoring in neuroscience to undergraduate medical and verterinary science students.
- Medical school: Guys's Hospital
- MRCP training in London & Oxford
- Surgical training in London
- Neurosurgical training in Cambridge
- Fellowships in Miami- Spine surgery & Cerebrovascular & Skull base surgery
Mr Trivedi also provides clinical bedside teaching to undergraduate medical students for a number of different Cambridge colleges as well as teaching postgraduate clinicians for the written and practical parts of the MRCP(UK) exam. Mr Trivedi is also involved in the operative teaching of residents in the Miami training program.
- Weekly Tuesday 13:30 - 17:30
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Keyhole (minimally invasive) spine surgery, stroke, spinal disease, head surgery and trauma.
- Medical Defence Union
- Society of British Neurosurgeons
- British Neurovascular Group
- East Anglia Spine Group
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons London
Mr Trivedi's research interests to date have been in developing novel imaging techniques for assessment of vascular disease and have evolved to evaluate novel strategies in the treatment of spinal disorders. He has supervised numerous research student projects and currently co-supervise a PhD student thesis. He has trained fellows in both cerebrovascular and spine surgery, and is currently Co-Director of the Cambridge Spine Fellowship.
DeclarationMr Rikin Trivedi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Rikin Trivedi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Rikin Trivedi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Rikin Trivedi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.