Mr Delicata is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Aneurin Bevan University Health Board Hospitals (ABUHB) in South Wales.
He led the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary team for Nevill Hall Hospital from 2001 until 2020; and was Lead for Colorectal Services for ABUHB from 2007 until 2012. He served as member of Council of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland from 2006 until 2009 representing South Wales. He is the author of several original articles and book chapters. He is a member of the Court of Examiners of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh; He is an Honorary Lecturer in Surgery for the University of Wales and currently serves as Regional Surgical Advisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and is a member on the steering committee of the Faculty of Perioperative Care of the same College.
He is also a Member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and represents the Faculty of Perioperative Care on the Patient Safety Group. He also receives instructions from Solicitors to produce Medico-legal reports.
- Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pelvic Floor Disorders (Slow Transit Constipation; Faecal Incontinence and Obstructed Defecation)
English, Maltese, Italian
- Member of the British Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of the European Society of Coloproctology
Other posts held
- Consultant Surgeon at Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (Nevill Hall Hospital, The Royal Gwent Hospital and the Grange University Hospital)
Mr Ray Delicata does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ray Delicata does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ray Delicata does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.