Mr Yarlagadda completed his basic surgical training in Derriford Hospital and obtained his MRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh.
He gained his Specialist training on the Southwest Orthopaedic specialist training rotation and trained in Truro, Torbay, Plymouth and Exeter before obtaining his FRCS (Tr&Orth) from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
Having developed an interest in primary and revision joint replacements and the treatment of periprosthetic fractures, he furthered his surgical experience by completing arthroplasty fellowships in Llandough Hospital, Cardiff and in Derriford Hospital.
He was a Locum consultant in trauma and orthopaedics in Derriford for 12 months and then Locum consultant in the Arthroplasty team in The Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, for 1 year.
He was appointed to his substantive consultant post in Derriford Hospital in March 2013.
Mr Yarlagadda specialises in:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Rathan Yarlagadda at Nuffield Health
- Hip replacement surgery
- Hip revision surgery
- Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Knee replacement revision
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
Tumors, Infection and Inflammation in the spine, R Yarlagadda, D Chan,
ABC of Spinal Disorders, ISBN13: 9781405170697, John Wiley and Sons Ltd Wiley-Blackwell, Dec 2009
Peer reviewed journals:
- C. Taylor, R. Yarlagadda, J. Keenan, Repair of rectus femoris rupture with LARS ligament, BMJ Case Reports 2012, doi:10.1136/bcr.06.2011.4359
- R. Yarlagadda, S.A. Jones, Management of dislocation in hip arthroplasty, Orthopaedics and Trauma, Volume 23, Issue 5, October 2009, Pages 335-341
- R. Yarlagadda, A. Clarke, J. Keenan, Prospective study of the Less Invasive Stabilisation System for periarticular fractures about the knee, J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2008: 90-B: 340
- Andrew Clarke, Rathan Yarlagadda, David M Standley, I counted them all out and I counted them all back, Letters to the editor EJBJS, Mar 2008
- Andrew Clarke, Rathan Yarlagadda, Michael Hutton, Beware of Ankylosing Spondylitis, BMJ rapid response, Feb 2008
- R. Yarlagadda, A. Clarke, J Keenan, Prospective study of the less invasive stabilisation system for fractures about the knee, Injury extra, Vol 38, Issue 4, April 2007: 155
M. R. Norton, R. Yarlagadda, G. H. Anderson, Catastrophic failure of the Elite hip replacement with a Hylamer acetabulum and Zirconium ceramic femoral head in patients younger than 60 years, J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2002; 84-B: 631 -5
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Derriford Hospital
Mr Rathan Yarlagadda does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Rathan Yarlagadda does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Rathan Yarlagadda does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.