Mr Raghu Ram
MD, FRCS, FRCOphth
GMC number: 3404597
Practicing since: 1981
Or call us on
Mr Raghu Ram is a Consultant Ophthalmologist, who practices from the Cardiff Bay Hospital. Mr Raghu Ram can see patients with all ophthalmic eye conditions, and specialises in Muscular degeneration, Retinal Disease, Lachrymal disorders, Diabetic eye disease, and Cataract Surgery.
Mr Ragu Ram completed his specialist Ophthalmic training in the UK in 1995 having worked in St George's Hospital, London and Hereford hospitals in the West Midlands.
Mr Ram's specialist interests include small incision cataract surgery, diabetic eye diseases, and medical retinal conditions including macular degeneration and lachrymal disorders and laser treatment for watering eyes. Mr Ram has been actively involved in the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Service which is successfully running on all Wales basis since 2003.
He has also been instrumental in setting up a new procedure for the treatment of watery eyes (Laser DCR) with the help of lasers along with his ENT colleagues.
- Small incision cataract surgery
- Diabetic eye diseases
- Medical retinal conditions including macular degeneration and lachrymal disorders
- Laser treatment for watering eyes
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Raghu Ram at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
Locations Mr Raghu Ram works with
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Pontypridd and Rhondda NHS Trust
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, North Glamorgan NHS Trust
- Honorary Clinical Tutor, University Hospital of Wales
Insurers Mr Raghu Ram works with
Mr Raghu Ram works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Raghu Ram does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Raghu Ram does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Raghu Ram does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.