Mr Madhavan qualified as a doctor in Madras in India in 1987. He did his basic surgical training in Madras before moving to the UK in 1992 and then trained on the Bristol rotation in orthopaedic surgery and trauma. After this he spent a year in Oxford at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and John Radcliffe Hospital doing a fellowship in spinal surgery. He then became a consultant in spinal surgery and orthopaedic trauma at Musgrove Park Hospital in July 2000.
He is experienced and practices all aspects of spinal surgery including surgery on the neck, thoracic spine, lumbar spine, sacrum and coccyx for conditions that arise as a result of degeneration, trauma, tumour, spinal deformity including scoliosis and kyphosis due to osteoporosis.
He heads the unit of spinal surgery within the department of orthopaedics and trauma at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
He has a number of publications in orthopaedics and spinal surgery in referred journals and most recently was the co-author in the section on spinal surgery in Bailey & Love’s Text book of Surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Pradeep Madhavan at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Spinal anaesthetic
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Medial facetectomy
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Bone Graft
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Nerve surgery
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Trigger Point Injections
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Interspinous implant
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Image guided joint injections
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Spinal fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Spinal and Trauma Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Pradeep Madhavan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Pradeep Madhavan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Pradeep Madhavan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.