Mr Madhavan qualified as a doctor in Madras in India in 1987. He did his basic surgical training in Madras before moving to the UK in 1992 and then trained on the Bristol rotation in orthopaedic surgery and trauma. After this he spent a year in Oxford at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and John Radcliffe Hospital doing a fellowship in spinal surgery. He then became a consultant in spinal surgery and orthopaedic trauma at Musgrove Park Hospital in July 2000.
He is experienced and practices all aspects of spinal surgery including surgery on the neck, thoracic spine, lumbar spine, sacrum and coccyx for conditions that arise as a result of degeneration, trauma, tumour, spinal deformity including scoliosis and kyphosis due to osteoporosis.
He heads the unit of spinal surgery within the department of orthopaedics and trauma at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
He has a number of publications in orthopaedics and spinal surgery in referred journals and most recently was the co-author in the section on spinal surgery in Bailey & Love’s Text book of Surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Pradeep Madhavan at Nuffield Health
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Bone Graft
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Facet joint injections
- Lumbar discectomy
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Image guided joint injections
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Interspinous implant
- Nerve surgery
- Spinal fusion
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Endoscopic spinal surgery
- Medial facetectomy
- Trigger Point Injections
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Spinal anaesthetic
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Spinal and Trauma Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Pradeep Madhavan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Pradeep Madhavan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Pradeep Madhavan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.