- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01223 370922
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4259406
- Fax 01223 281310
Mr Johnston was educated at Cambridge University and did his basic surgical training in London and specialist orthopaedic training in East Anglia. He spent a final year in a subspeciality fellowship in hand and wrist surgery and undertook a period of clinical research leading to the award of MD studying molecular mechanisms in Dupuytren's disease. This overlaps at the cellular level with frozen shoulder. He has published research articles in this area as well.
He was appointed at Addenbrooke's Hospital to undertake complex upper limb trauma, shoulder and elbow surgery and further develop a particular clinical interest in hand and wrist surgery.
- Weekly Friday 08:30 - 12:00
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand and wrist arthritis
- Hand and wrist injury
Family man. Firm commitment to East Anglia in general and to Cambridge in particular. Actively involved in Cambridge University undergraduate and postgraduate medical education.
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Dupuytren’s disease: molecular influences (matrix biology)
- Outcome measurement in upper limb surgery
DeclarationMr Phillip Johnston works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
Mr Phillip Johnston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Phillip Johnston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Phillip Johnston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.