Mr Peter Robinson is a Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon, who specialises in modern, minimally invasive and arthroscopic ‘keyhole’ procedures. He treats all sports injuries, trauma, degenerative and deformity conditions of the foot and ankle, including arthritis and hallux valgus (bunions). He offers ‘keyhole’ minimally invasive bunion and lesser toe surgery, ankle arthroscopy, ankle fusion, ankle replacement, cartilage regeneration procedures, tendon transfers, tendon surgery, ankle ligament reconstruction, corrective surgery for acquired deformity (flat or cavus foot) and fusion surgery for arthritis.
He was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in trauma and orthopaedics in 2017, before completing advanced fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery and trauma in Sydney, Australia and Bristol, UK. He is also a full time NHS consultant at Southmead Hospital, Bristol where he is part of the tertiary referral foot and ankle team, a major trauma surgeon and the orthopaedic diabetic foot lead.
Mr Peter Robinson teaches keyhole bunion
surgery, minimally invasive & advanced arthroscopic surgery locally and
internationally. His research interests are centred around these areas.
Additionally, he is the local orthopaedic lead for undergraduate and
postgraduate medical education, a tutor and Honorary Lecturer at the University
invasive and arthroscopic foot and ankle surgery. This includes MIS ‘keyhole’
bunion and lesser toe surgery, ankle and hindfoot arthroscopic surgery for
sports and degenerative conditions, ankle replacement and cartilage
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Peter Robinson at Nuffield Health
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Fusion of big toe
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
Mr Robinson’s research interests include minimally invasive
hallux valgus (bunion) surgery and foot & ankle trauma. Publications he has
contributed to include:
- Percutaneous Surgery for Mild to Severe Hallux Valgus (2020). Robinson PW, Lam P. Techniques in Foot & Ankle Surgery. 19 (2): 1
- Correction of Valgus Lesser Toes by Percutaneous Closing Wedge Osteotomy of the Proximal Phalanx (2020). Ray R, Lewis TL, Robinson PW, Dearden P, Goff T, Lam P. Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics 5(4)
- Percutaneous Chevron and Akin (PECA) Osteotomies for Severe Hallux Valgus Deformity With Mean 3-Year Follow-up (2021). Lewis TL, Ray R, Robinson P, Dearden PMC, Goff TJ, Watt C, Lam P. Foot Ankle Int. Oct; 42(10):1231-1240.
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Topical Skin Adhesive vs Nylon Sutures for Incision Closure in Forefoot Surgery (2021). Lewis TL, Goff TAJ, Ray R, Varrall CR, Robinson PW, Fogarty K, Chang A, Dhaliwal J, Dearden PMC, Wines A. Foot Ankle Int. Apr 19
- Letter Regarding: Biomechanical Comparison of 2 Common Techniques of Minimally Invasive Hallux Valgus Correction (2021). Lewis TL, Ray R, Robinson P, Dearden PMC, Goff TJ, Gordon D, Lam P. Foot Ankle Int. Mar; 42(3): 381-382
- Percutaneous Chevron Akin (PECA) Osteotomy for Treatment of Hallux Valgus Deformity: The Long- Term Results (2020). Robinson PW, Ray R, Goff TJ, Dearden PMC, Watt C, Smith M, Lam P. Foot Ankle Int. Nov.
- British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Defence Union
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other posts held
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Southmead Hospital, Bristol
Insurers Mr Peter Robinson works with
Mr Peter Robinson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Cigna International
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Peter Robinson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Peter Robinson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Peter Robinson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.