Mr Gallacher is a Consultant Surgeon with a special interest in sports injuries and disorders of the knee.
He underwent his specialist Orthopaedic training on the highly regarded Oswestry training program at the Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt NHS Foundation Trust and was fortunate enough to train under Dai Rees and the sports injuries team, in addition to the knee specialists in both Stoke on Trent and Oswestry. He underwent fellowship training in Sheffield and undertook a travelling fellowship supported by the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK) in Europe visiting centres of excellence in knee surgery.
- Weekly Thursday 17:00 - 20:00
- Consultant Knee and Sports Knee Surgeon Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital
Sports injuries of the knee, cartilage regeneration and joint preserving surgery for arthritis.
Mr Gallacher lives in Shrewsbury with his wife, who is a practice nurse, and their two children. He also enjoys taking an active part in football, running, cycling, green laning, swimming and hill walking. He is a big sports fan and enjoys rugby, motor-sports and football especially his home town team of Glasgow Celtic.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma Arthroscopy Association
- Current research interests in ACL injury and reconstruction cartilage regeneration and meniscal preservation surgery
- Previous publications on meniscal repair and ACL reconstruction, paediatric hip surgery, orthopaedic trauma surgery, arthroscopic knee surgery, hip and knee replacements and acute knee injuries
DeclarationMr Peter Gallacher works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Peter Gallacher does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Peter Gallacher does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Peter Gallacher does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.