Mr Thorpe provides a comprehensive spinal surgical service for conditions affecting the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, including adult and paediatric spinal deformity surgery, minimal access surgery for neural compression, assessment of and surgery for back pain, injection therapies and motion preservation surgery.
He also has a medicolegal practice dealing with personal injury and clinical negligence cases. He focuses on thorough investigation, careful explanation of conditions and the full range of conservative or surgical options tailored individually for a particular patient’s needs.
He was voted in a national Daily Mail survey as one of the surgeons in the UK that other spinal surgeons would send their family to for treatment.
- Spinal Deformity
- Minimal Access Spinal Surgery
- Whiplash associated disorder
- Medico-legal practice
Mr Thorpe is married to Joanna, who is also a doctor, and they have 4 children. He sings in a local medical band "Ultrasound" and enjoys rugby, cricket, aviation, SCUBA diving and crosswords. He has also forces himself to enjoy running to keep his waistline under control!
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Paul Thorpe at Nuffield Health
- Bone Graft
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Image guided joint injections
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Interspinous implant
- Nerve surgery
- Spinal fusion
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Scoliosis Society
- AO Spine Faculty (Silver member)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Medical Defence Union
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Spinal and Trauma Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Spinal and Trauma Surgeon States of Health.Jersey
- Specialist Case Advisor to the Care Quality Commission
Mr Paul Thorpe does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Paul Thorpe does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Paul Thorpe does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.