Professor Paul Chatrath is a Consultant ENT Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. Mr Chatrath graduated from Cambridge University and The London Hospital Medical College with distinctions in three subjects and Proxime Accessit to the University of London gold Medal.
Professor Chatrath completed his Higher Surgical Training in ENT Surgery in London. After passing the Final FRCS examination he was granted a Certificate of Completion of Training and now holds a substantive NHS consultant post at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust.
During his final years of training Professor Chatrath completed a higher research degree (MD) in the diagnosis of benign versus malignant laryngeal pathology. He also undertook further training in specialist units in Chicago and Amsterdam.
Since 2016, Professor Chatrath has been a Professor of Rhinology/ENT at Canterbury Christ Church University, Kent.
Professor Chatrath offers a professional, sympathetic service, and strives to give the best possible quality of care both in his NHS work and private practice.
- Sinonasal problems and sinus surgery
- Balloon sinuplasty,
- Paediatric ENT
- Voice snoring
- Hearing problems
Professor Chatrath has been at the leading edge of pioneering nasal and sinus operations including balloon sinuplasty for sinusitis, titanium nasal implants for nasal valve collapse, septorhinoplasty surgery following trauma and paediatric ENT surgery including tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and grommet insertion.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Paul Chatrath at Nuffield Health
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Antral washout
- Excision of skin lesion
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Adult audiology hearing aid provision
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Mastoid surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Tonsil removal (tonsillectomy) using COBLATION™ Plasma Technology
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Grommet insertion
- Thyroid surgery
- Middle ear surgery
- Fellow Of the Royal College of Surgeons
- ENT UK
- British Rhinological Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other post held
- Substantive NHS consultant post at Charing Cross Hospital (Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust), London
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford
- Visiting Professor of Rhinology, Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU), Kent
Insurers Professor Paul Chatrath works with
Professor Paul Chatrath works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Paul Chatrath does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Paul Chatrath does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Paul Chatrath does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.