Mr Kaul qualified in 1982 and received postgraduate cardiothoracic training in CMC Vellore, Royal Perth Hospital (Western Australia), Leeds General Infirmary and Royal Brompton Hospital, London. Mr Kaul worked as a consultant from 1990-1991 at CMC Vellore, from 1996-1998 at NM Wadia Institute, Poona and from 1998 to date at Leeds General Infirmary. He has performed thousands of open heart operations to date and has a special interest in coronary artery surgery and its complications, heart valve surgery and redo coronary and valvular surgery, aortic surgery as well as in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. Mr Kaul is also a senior lecturer at Leeds University and an IMRCS examiner at the Royal College of Surgeons at Edinburgh.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Pankaj Kaul at Nuffield Health
- Aortofemoral bypass
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Arterial Surgery
- Coronary Angioplasty (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention or PCI)
Research interests include hypothermia, myocardial metabolism, coronary artery disease and its complications, valvular heart disease, diseases of aorta and aortic aneurysms and malignant tumours of the heart.
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Yorkshire Heart Centre, Leeds General Infirmary
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds