Mr Shetty graduated from India and completed a postgraduate degree in Orthopaedics in the same country and trained as a registrar on the London-KSS deanery. Mr Shetty has also been involved in full-time research and this led to a degree by submission of a thesis. Subsequently, he completed spinal fellowships at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore and then at Guy's and St.Thomas` Hospital. During the 2 years of fellowship, Mr Shetty was trained in Spinal deformity cases and also in minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Mr Nitin Shetty has an interest in minimally invasive spinal operations and his present work includes degenerative spinal conditions, infection and fractures.
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression and fixation,
- Cervical decompression and fusion,
- Spinal injections,
- Fracture fixations,
- Spinal infection.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons (BASS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
Other posts held
- Whittington Health NHS Trust