I am a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in the shoulder and elbow. I completed my medical training at King's College London GKT (2000) & my higher surgical training in London (2012). I am a full-time Consultant, based at the Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and an Affiliate Assistant Professor for Cambridge University, Clinical School of Medicine.
As an experienced shoulder and elbow specialist, I treat the majority of my patients without surgery and if that is not enough then procedures offered by myself include:
- shoulder replacement surgery, including the use of CT-based planning and intra-operative mixed reality
- shoulder and elbow fracture surgery
- keyhole (arthroscopic) and open stabilisation surgery for dislocations
- rotator cuff repair
- ulnar nerve decompression
- non-surgical treatments for specific upper limb soft tissue conditions
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- BESS Travelling Fellowship 2017, Florida, USA
- Cambridge Shoulder Institute Senior Fellowship 2012, Cambridge, UK
- BOA Traveling Fellowship 2011, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA
- BOA Traveling Fellowship 2011, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, USA
- BOTA Traveling Fellowship 2010, Mumbai & Delhi, India
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, Higher Surgical Training, London 2005-12
- FRCS (Tr & Orth), Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
- MB BS (GKT), University of London 2000
Shoulder and elbow surgery.
Teaching - my passion for Trauma & Orthopaedics has led multiple awards as Trainer of the Year in NE Thames London 2022, The East of England 2019 & now to a position on the education committee for the British Orthopaedic Association. I am keen for all to benefit from the joys of T&O and so my work with medical students has resulted in a role as an Affiliate Assistant Professor for the Clinical School of Medicine at Cambridge University.
I enjoy running and hope to join you at the Cambridge Half Marathon.
Currently working on assessing patient functional status using motion capture technology, compared to the traditional static methods of MRI & ultrasound scans. This will aid patients and clinicians in decision-making regarding their treatment.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society
Other posts held
- Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Insurers Mr Niel Kang works with
Mr Niel Kang works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Niel Kang does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Niel Kang does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Niel Kang does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.