Niel Kang is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon and Shoulder and Elbow Specialist. He completed his medical training at King's College London GKT (2000), higher surgical training in London (2012).
He is a Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, based at the Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
As an experienced shoulder and elbow specialist, procedures offered by Mr Kang include:
· shoulder replacement surgery
· shoulder and elbow fracture surgery
· rotator cuff repair
· ulnar nerve decompression
· keyhole (arthroscopic) surgery
· non-surgical treatments for specific upper limb soft tissue conditions
Shoulder & elbow surgery
Teaching - Mr Kang is the Director of Education for Trauma & Orthopaedic Higher Surgical Trainees in the East of England, as well as an Associate Lecturer for the Clinical School of Medicine at Cambridge University.
Mr Kang enjoys running.
Currently working on assessing patient functional status using motion capture technology, compared to the traditional static methods of MRI & ultrasound scans. This will aid patients and clinicians in decision making regarding their treatment.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society
Other posts held
- Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Insurers Mr Niel Kang works with
Mr Niel Kang works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Niel Kang does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Niel Kang does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Niel Kang does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.