Mr Nico Jonas
MBChB, FRCS, FCORL, MMed
GMC number: 4747828
Practicing since: 1996
- Wednesday 08:00 - 12:00
Or call us on
Mr Jonas is a Consultant Otolaryngologist (ENT Surgeon) at Addenbrookes’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Trust. He completed his postgraduate specialist ENT training at Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town South Africa in 2007 and underwent further sub-specialty training in Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
His sub-specialty training included working as a Senior Registrar at Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland and Paediatric ENT Fellowships at Starship Childrens Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand and Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick children in London.
Following on from his sub-specialty training he worked as a consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital and at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital prior to starting at Addenbrooke’s Hospital
His comprehensive training enables him to provide high quality care for all aspects of ENT disease in adults and children. At Addenbrooke’s Hospital, a large part of his work includes dealing with and performing complex Paediatric ENT Surgery.
Mr Jonas is married and spends most of his spare time with his wife and four young children. He has travelled extensively allowing him to enjoy unique experiences including summiting Mount Kilimanjaro twice, walking the Inca Trail and visiting the Galapagos Islands. He enjoy various sports including fishing, running, canoeing and swimming and has completed various canoeing and running marathons and ultramarathons.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nico Jonas at Nuffield Health
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Ear drum repair (Myringoplasty)
- Antral washout
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy (or laryngoscopy)
- Microsuction of ear canal
- Submandibular gland removal
- Head and neck surgery
- Grommet insertion
- Nasal polypectomy
Locations Mr Nico Jonas works with
Mr Jonas has a keen interest in research and has published over twenty peer reviewed research articles and ten academic book chapters. He is an associate editor of the International Federation of Otolaryngology.
His research interests include:
- Sleep apnoea in children
- Tonsil and adenoid surgery
- Head and neck surgery in children
- Tracheostomy and airway surgery in children
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow
- Fellow of the College of Medicine of South Africa
- European Society of Paediatric Otolaryngologists
- British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologists
- Hospital Consultant and Specialist Association
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Addenbrookes’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Nico Jonas works with
Mr Nico Jonas works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Nico Jonas does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nico Jonas does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nico Jonas does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.