- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 02380 258 464 (Enquiries)
- Year of first qualification 1998
- Email Wessex.firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4750866
- Fax 02380 251525
Mr Nicolas Hancock gained his consultant post at Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust in October 2010.
He qualified in 1998 and spent two years working in renowned Major Trauma Centres (Goote Schuur and Tygerberg Hospitals) in South Africa. In the UK, he advanced his interest in Orthopaedic Surgery by working with leading international experts across the country.
He has been in continuous employment in the NHS since 2000 and completed my Higher Orthopaedic Surgical Training Rotation in the South of England.
In 2010 he was awarded a years fellowship in Sydney, Australia researching bone graft substitutes and artificial ligaments with the University of New South Wales. During this time he developed expertise in the latest techniques in hip and knee surgery, working at Concord Repatriation General Hospital, University of Sydney.
- Weekly Monday 08:30 - 13:00
- Consultant at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Regional Clinical Lead for Trauma Audit and Research Network
Mr Hancock is very happy to have made Southampton his home and enjoys sailing, fishing, cycling and gardening. Outside of work he is kept very busy by his wife and three young boys.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- British Orthopaedic Trainees Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Mr Nick Hancock does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nick Hancock does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nick Hancock does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.