Mr Nicholas Bottomley
BSc, MBBS, FRCS, DPhil (Oxon)
GMC number: 6029016
Practicing since: 2001
- Every Tuesday and Thursday
Or call us on
Mr Bottomley is a specialist orthopaedic knee surgeon and his practice encompasses all aspects of paediatric and adult knee surgery. He has a particular interest in:
- The management of sports injuries; including ACL reconstructions, multi-ligament reconstruction and meniscal repair surgery
- Knee pain and arthritis; with a particular expertise in the management of early arthritis
- Knee replacement surgery; specialising in both partial and total knee replacements
- Patellofemoral (kneecap) instability
He works at the world renowned Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford, part of the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and at the Manor Hospital, Oxford. He graduated from Imperial College Medical School in 2001. He has a first class honours degree in Orthopaedics from University College London and a DPhil (PhD) from the University of Oxford for his research work investigating the progression of early knee arthritis.
He furthered his specialist knowledge of sports injuries in Brisbane, Australia working with a surgical team looking after professional rugby union and rugby league teams.
He remains active in surgical research and is involved in the running of several national studies. He teaches and lectures internationally, especially in the field of partial knee replacement.
PA email : Cristina.email@example.com
- Sports Injuries
- Knee pain
- Meniscal surgery
- Keyhole / Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Kneecap stabilisation
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nicholas Bottomley at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Joint resurfacing
- Tibial osteotomy
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
Locations Mr Nicholas Bottomley works with
Nicholas remains active in surgical research and is involved in the running of several national studies. He teaches and lectures internationally, especially in the field of partial knee replacement.
- British Association of Surgeons of the Knee
Other posts held
- Consultant Knee Surgeon at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Nicholas Bottomley works with
Mr Nicholas Bottomley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Nicholas Bottomley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nicholas Bottomley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nicholas Bottomley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.