Neil Jain is an Orthopaedic Surgeon based in Manchester, with a specialist interest in Sports Injuries and Sports Trauma, particularly soft tissue injuries around the shoulder and knee, now working within the recently aligned Northern Care Alliance National Health Service Trust within the NHS. A graduate of Southampton University Medical School in 2003 he completed his Basic Surgical Training in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth. After finishing his Orthopaedic Registrar Rotation based around Manchester in the North-West of England, he completed a Reconstructive Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine Fellowship in Vancouver, Canada.
Within Sport he has worked with many international sports teams, players and elite athletes including the English National Football team, the Vancouver Canucks (NHL), INEOS Grenadiers (Cycling) and several participants at the recent Tokyo Olympic Games. Neil has not long ago completed a Sports Medicine Diploma with the International Olympic Committee and a Football Medicine Diploma with FIFA.
He is currently the Treasurer to the British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma & Arthroscopy Association (BOSTAA) and has just completed a role as an International Committee Member of The Arthroscopic Association of North America (AANA). Neil Jain is proud to be a member of The British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) and the founder of UK Sports Medicine, advancing treatment in sports injury through research and innovation.
Mr Jain remains to be a specialist of Sports Injuries across the body with a specific interest in Shoulder and Knee soft tissue injuries that are treatable with arthroscopy. In addition, he is a specialist at tendon ruptures throughout the body. He also has a specialist practice in Joint Preservation utilising non-operative techniques to help his patients delay the need for Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Sports Injuries
- Return to Play
- Injury Prevention
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Biceps Tear
- Acromioclavicular Joint
- Separated Shoulder
- Shoulder Injection
- Shoulder impingement
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Neil Jain at Nuffield Health
- Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP)
Locations Mr Neil Jain works with
- Return To Performance Following ACL Reconstruction: The Need For A Specific Method Of Assessment For Elite Athletes
- Acromioclavicular Joint Morphology; A Risk Factor In Symptomatic Shoulder Disease?
- Use of basic screening tools to guide warm-up exercises in tournament football to decrease the incidence of injury; the experiences of the English Football Association at the FIFA under 20 World Cup
- Assessment of accuracy of marker ball placement in pre-operative templating for total hip arthroplasty
- Frequency and trends in foot and ankle injuries within an English Premier League Football Club using a new impact factor of injury to identify a focus for injury prevention
- Is there any purpose in classifying subtrochanteric fractures? The reproducibility of four classification systems
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma & Arthroscopy Association – Current Honorary Treasurer
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) – Current International Committee Member
Other posts held
- Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Salford
- Consultant at The Northern Care Alliance
- Founder of UK Sports Medicine Limited