Mr. Nabil El-Hindy is a Consultant Oculoplastic and Ophthalmic surgeon based at the York & Leeds NHS Teaching Hospital Trusts.
Mr El-Hindy is a trained Ophthalmologist who has developed a specialist interest in Oculoplastic (eyelid), Lacrimal (tear duct), Aesthetic and Orbital (eye socket) surgery in adults and paediatrics. He undertook fellowship training at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital as well as an ASTO (Advanced Subspeciality Training) in Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital surgery at St. James’ University Hospital, Leeds. He is a member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society.
Mr El-Hindy has written over 30 research papers relating to Ophthalmology and Oculoplastic surgery and has presented at both national and international meetings. He also has an interest in training and has served as a College Tutor for York Hospital. He is also an examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Ophthalmology at the University of Leeds as well as being a past Section Editor for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Journal, “Eye”.
lacrimal and orbital surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nabil El-Hindy at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Brow lift
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Oculoplastics Surgical Society
- British Medical Association
- European Society of Oculoplastics & Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Other posts held
- York & Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust – Consultant Ophthalmologist
Insurers Mr Nabil El-Hindy works with
Mr Nabil El-Hindy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AIG Direct
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- National Friendly Society
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Nabil El-Hindy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nabil El-Hindy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nabil El-Hindy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.