Mr Mujahid El-Deen
MBChB, FRCS (Glas), FRCS (Tr & Orth), MSc Ortho Engineering
GMC number: 4270920
Practicing since: 1989
Or call us on
Mr Mujahid El-Deen is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, who specialises in hip and knee surgery. He completed his orthopaedic specialist training in Liverpool, followed by his first appointment as an Orthopaedic Consultant in 2006.
Mr El-Deen has completed the following subspecialty fellowships:
- Primary hip and revision hip replacement, Liverpool, 2004
- Primary and revision Knee replacement including robotic surgery, Glasgow, 2005.
Mr El-Deen undertakes a high volume of surgical procedures per year, and keeps his knowledge and skills up-to-date by regularly attending the relevant educational courses, national and international conferences. He also has an interest in non-medical management activities; he holds the lead clinician role at his current post, which involves employment and retention of doctors, governance and quality assurance.
- Primary lower limb joint replacement surgery
- Knee keyhole surgery
Teaching and coaching junior doctors and allied health professionals.
Mr El-Deen's free time is spent mainly with his wife and two children. He holds a private pilot licence and enjoys flying light aircrafts, touring the UK and Europe.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mujahid El-Deen at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hip replacement
- Image guided joint injections
Locations Mr Mujahid El-Deen works with
MSc thesis on the implant characteristics, total knee replacement, Cardiff University
- Cemented vs Uncemented Hemiarthroplasty in fracture neck of femur (Abstract), M Asif, D Withers, M El-Deen, Injury Extra 41 (12)
- Effects of UHMWPE thickness on contact mechanics in total knee replacement (Paper), El-Deen M, Garcia-Finana M, Jin ZM., Proc. IMechE Part H 2006 220-7: 733-742
- Revision hip arthroplasty with S-ROM prosthesis: a study of clinical outcomes and implant stability (Paper), (EMBASE) El-Deen M, Zahid S, Miller D, Nargol A, Logishetty R, J Orthopaedics and Traumatology 2006 7(4): 182-186
- Revision hip arthroplasty using S-ROM prosthesis. Results at 3 to 8 years (Abstract),El-Deen M, Zahid S, Miller D, Nargol A, Logishetty R, J Bone Joint Surg Br 2008 90-B supp II: 298
- Total Hip Replacement in Obese Patients (Abstract), El-Deen M, Armstrong C, Miller D., J Bone Joint Surg Br 2008 90-B supp II: 300
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Shepton Mallet Hospital
Insurers Mr Mujahid El-Deen works with
Mr Mujahid El-Deen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Police Mutual
- Healix Healthcare
Mr Mujahid El-Deen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mujahid El-Deen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mujahid El-Deen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.