Having completed his basic surgical training in Middlesbrough and his orthopaedic specialist training in Liverpool, Mr El-Deen was appointed as a consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon in the NHS from 2006 to 2014. During his NHS post, Mr El-Deen was responsible for the training of junior doctors, and taught medical students from Liverpool University and Glasgow University.
He completed a Fellowship in primary and revision hip replacement in Liverpool in 2004 and a Fellowship in computer assisted/navigation total knee replacement in Glasgow 2006. This was followed by a Fellowship in paediatric orthopaedics in Glasgow in 2010.
Mr El-Deen has worked in the speciality of trauma and orthopaedics for over 20 years. This vast experience allowed him to master the management of various orthopaedic conditions, including acute trauma.
He undertakes a large number of joint replacement surgeries, currently averaging 8-12 knee hip replacements a week.
Mr El-Deen keeps his knowledge and skills up to date by regularly attending the relevant courses, national and international conferences.
Mr El-Deen also has interest in medical management; he holds the lead clinician role at his current post.
Teaching junior doctors as well as allied health professionals lower limb arthroplasty and, in particular, computer assisted/navigated knee replacement, uncemented hip replacement (THR), THR for young patients, knee arthroscopic work (keyhole surgery), management of sports related injuries, and general orthopaedic conditions.
Mr El-Deen's free time is spent mainly with his wife and two young children. He holds a private pilot licence and enjoys flying his light aircraft once or twice a month on sunny days.
English and Arabic
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mujahid El-Deen at Nuffield Health
- Tendon problems
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hip arthroscopy
- Hip replacement surgery
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip revision
- Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
MSc thesis on the implant characteristics, total knee replacement, Cardiff University
- Cemented vs Uncemented Hemiarthroplasty in fracture neck of femur (Abstract), M Asif, D Withers, M El-Deen, Injury Extra 41 (12)
- Effects of UHMWPE thickness on contact mechanics in total knee replacement (Paper), El-Deen M, Garcia-Finana M, Jin ZM., Proc. IMechE Part H 2006 220-7: 733-742
- Revision hip arthroplasty with S-ROM prosthesis: a study of clinical outcomes and implant stability (Paper), (EMBASE) El-Deen M, Zahid S, Miller D, Nargol A, Logishetty R, J Orthopaedics and Traumatology 2006 7(4): 182-186
- Revision hip arthroplasty using S-ROM prosthesis. Results at 3 to 8 years (Abstract),El-Deen M, Zahid S, Miller D, Nargol A, Logishetty R, J Bone Joint Surg Br 2008 90-B supp II: 298
- Total Hip Replacement in Obese Patients (Abstract), El-Deen M, Armstrong C, Miller D., J Bone Joint Surg Br 2008 90-B supp II: 300
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon and lead clinician, Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre
Insurers Mr Mujahid El-Deen works with
Mr Mujahid El-Deen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
Mr Mujahid El-Deen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mujahid El-Deen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mujahid El-Deen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.