Mr Elnasharty is a full-time consultant obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. He completed his MRCOG in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2011 and his MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2016.
Mr Elnasharty holds a European diploma in minimal-access surgery. Mr Elnasharty graduated in 2005 from Cairo university then finished his speciality training in 2010, Then he received advanced training in urogynaecology, vaginal surgery, bladder and pelvic floor health.
Mr Elnasharty's special interest is the management of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. Mr Elnasharty offered all conservative and surgical options for the management of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence
Mr Elnasharty has great experience in laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery to manage pelvic pain, endometriosis, heavy menstrual bleeding and ovarian cysts.
Mr Elnasharty has great experience in the management of general gynaecological conditions including the management of menstrual disorders, heavy bleeding, contraception, endometriosis and management of symptoms related to menopause.
Mr Elnasharty is always about improving the standards and the quality of care provided, hence Mr Elnasharty has a great interest in publication and research. Mr Elnasharty has several peer-reviewed publications about different conditions related to women's health. https://cardiffgynaecologist.com
Mr Elnasharty is also interested in education and training so he developed an educational youtube channel to spread evidence-based, up-to-date knowledge on different conditions related to women's health.
- Hysteroscopy (including endometrial ablation for heavy periods, myosure polypectomy for fibroids)
- Hysterectomy (open/ vaginal and laparoscopic)
- Vaginal prolapse surgery (pelvic floor repair)
- Surgery for urinary incontinence
- Ovarian Cystectomy(laparoscopic/open)
- Special interest urogynecology (Conservative and surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence)
- Minimal access surgery including diagnosis and management of pelvic pain, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and sterilization
- Management of benign gynaecological conditions including management of heavy vaginal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, premenstrual disorders and menopause
- Medical education
- Teaching and training
- Quality improvement
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mohamed Elnasharty at Nuffield Health
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Ovarian cystectomy
Great interest in research and publication.
Currently Principle investigator in big baby trial.
Participated in Future study. Future is superiority randomized clinical trial to evaluate the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of invasive urodynamic investigations in the management of women with refractory overactive bladder symptoms, sponsored by the University of Aberdeen
Has the following publications:
- Challenges in Laparoscopic hysterectomy; how to deal with?. The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Accepted 06/2020
- The outcomes of pregnancies with reduced fetal movements: A retrospective cohort study . Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2019;00:1–5.
- Issues around vaginal vault closure. The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist July 2019
- A systematic review of the outcome associated with the different surgical treatment of bowel and rectovaginal endometriosis. Gynecol Surg. DOI 10.1007/s10397-013-0821-5.
- Maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy in women with prosthetic heart valves; the effect of anticoagulant therapy .Evidence Based Women's Health Journal, 2013 .DOI 10.1097/01.EBX.0000423423.20996.b7.
- What is the role of middle cerebral artery Doppler in the assessment of fetal wellbeing in diabetic pregnant females? Medical Journal Cairo University, 2012.
- Assessment of fetal wellbeing in diabetic pregnant females, which is more significant; CTG or umbilical artery Doppler? Medical Journal, Cairo University, 2012
- The effectiveness of Sacrospinous ligament fixation; critical review of outcome in a general district hospital. 26th European Congress of the European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paris 8-10 March 2018
Other posts held
- Consultant obstetrician and Gynaecologist in Royal Glamorgan hospital.
Insurers Mr Mohamed Elnasharty works with
Mr Mohamed Elnasharty works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Benenden Health
Mr Mohamed Elnasharty does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mohamed Elnasharty does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mohamed Elnasharty does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.